Running tests written for nose
py.test has basic support for running tests written for nose.
After Installation type:
python setup.py develop # make sure tests can import our package
py.test # instead of 'nosetests'
and you should be able to run your nose style tests and
make use of py.test’s capabilities.
Supported nose Idioms
- setup and teardown at module/class/method level
- SkipTest exceptions and markers
- setup/teardown decorators
- yield-based tests and their setup
- general usage of nose utilities
Unsupported idioms / known issues
- nose-style doctests are not collected and executed correctly,
also doctest fixtures don’t work.
- no nose-configuration is recognized